Saturday, October 2, 2021

What to Remember, What to Forget

 Scripture:

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me." Isaiah 46:9 

Observation:

Yesterday we were told to forget the former things because God was going to do a new thing.  Today He says, "Remember the former things." This may seem confusing because in one chapter we are told to forget the former things and here we are told to remember them.  Apparently, there are some things to remember and some things to forget.

Application:

Remembering the powerful things of God in our lives is a great thing.  Being reminded of what He has done in the past gives us hope and faith for the future. Remembering how He delivered and saved us is great for us, but some things we need to forget.  We need to forget our hurts and remember the victories.  We must forget the old way of life, but remember that He has made all things new.

Prayer:

Father, help me forget what needs to be forgotten and to remember what needs to be remembered.  Show me how to live in step with You and to be guided by Your Spirit at all times. Lead me by Your paths of righteousness.  Let my heart be filled with great memories and let it be freed from wrong things.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment