Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Three Times

 Scripture:

“Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried out to the Lord, “ Lord my God, let this boy’s life return to him!””  ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭17:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The boy’s mother came to Elijah, the man of God, and told him that her son had died.  Elijah carried the boy up into an upper room and began to pray for him.  HE didn’t pray once, but three times he stretched himself out on the boy and prayed earnestly for him.  On the third time, the boy resurrected and he tool the boy to his mother.

Application:

Most of us give up too early on our prayers and acts of obedience.  If God told us to stretch myself out on a dead child, I would most definitely do it, but would I do it three times?  The question in my heart is, would I do it three times or just in obedience, then figure God didn’t want to raise him up.  Would I give up too early on the breakthrough?  When we hear from God, we need to keep praying and believing and walking in obedience until the miracle happens.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to give up too quickly when you want me to pray about something.  Help me to ask and keep on asking according to Your will.  When You give me something to do, don’t let me settle with obeying once and stopping, but help me to do it over and over until results come.  Help me to stand on Your word and continue instead of simply obeying and then figuring I missed God.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment