Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wealth and Honor Come From God

 Scripture:

“Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.”  ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭29:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

David was blessing the Lord because the preparations for the Temple were coming in and everyone had given sacrificially to make it happen.  He wasn’t able to build it because he had shed too much blood, but his son Solomon would build it.  David was honoring the Lourdes for making provision for David’s heart and for the Temple of the Lord.  He realized it was that Lord who gives power, wealth and honor.

Application:

We can learn from David that it is the Lord who gives us power and strength to do the things He wants us to do.  When God asks us to do something, He will make sure we have the resources to do it.  Wealth and honor come from the Lord because He is ruler over all of it.  I believe the Lord has asked me to do some things that will take a lot of money and resources, but I also believe He will take care of it as I pursue Him and keep Him at the center of my life and ministry.

Prayer:

Father, help me to keep my heart and focus on You.  You are the source of everything I need.  When I need wisdom, You have it.  When I need money, You have it.  When I need direction, You have it.  You have everything I need in my life.  Help me to look to You and not myself or my resources, but to You.  

No comments:

Post a Comment