Monday, June 28, 2021

Seek God First

 Scripture:

“But Jehoshaphat also said to the king of Israel, “First seek the counsel of the Lord.””  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭18:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jehoshaphat was asked by the king of Israel to go to war with him against an enemy.  Jehoshaphat told the king, “First seek the counsel of the Lord”.  They went and asked the prophets and they all said go for it.  Jehoshaphat had enough discernment to realize that the prophets were saying what he wanted them to say instead of what God was saying.  They finally found a prophet who was telling the truth.

Application:

The first thing I need to do in every decision of my life is to “first seek the counsel of the Lord.”  Before I step into anything new, I need to seek God’s counsel.  I have always longed to hear the voice of the Lord clearly so I can obey clearly.  I truly want to be led by the Spirit and not get entangled in things I’m not suppose to be doing.  I want to seek first the kingdom, and then let all the other things work out.

Prayer:

Father, as I start my Sabbatical, please help me to seek you first in all things.  Speak to me during this season and let me hear Your voice clearly.  I love You and want to serve you well in my generation.  Help me to always come to You first and foremost concerning everything.  I don’t ever want to make You look bad because of decisions I’ve made without Your input.

Yours Always and Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment