Thursday, June 3, 2021

God of the Hills and Valleys

 Scripture:

“The man of God came up and told the king of Israel, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Because the Arameans think the Lord is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am the Lord.’ ””. ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭20:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Israel was preparing to fight the Arameans.  They believed that they could take Israel in the valleys and in the plains because they understood that the Lord God Almighty was the god of the hills, but not the god of the valleys.  They quickly found out that the Lord God is God of the hills and the valleys.  

Application:

God is not only the God of the hills and mountaintop experiences.  He is the God of the valleys as well.  When things are not going well in our lives and we feel helpless in the valley, He is still God and still works in our lives.  God is above all and over all.  No matter whether we are on a hill or in a valley, God is till God and He works on behalf of His people.  He is both the God of the hills, when everything is gong great, and the God of the valleys, when we feel like nothing good is happening.

Prayer:

Father, help me to keep the perspective that You are the God of the hills and the valleys.  You are God in the good times and God in the difficult times.  Let me never believe the lie that, because things are not going my way at any given time, that You are not with me.  Let my perspective be that I will praise You on the high hills and the deep valleys.  Let me walk stable every day of my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment