Monday, June 14, 2021

Abundantly

 Scripture:

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”  ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭9:8‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Corinthians here that God is able to bless them abundantly enough so they have everything the need and they can abound in every good work.  Paul doesn’t see God as stingy or that God doesn’t take good care of His people.  Paul sees God as giving you more than enough for yourself and engough to help others.

Application:

God has the ability to bless us abundantly, but we must believe that He wants to and that it is part of our walk with Him.  For years, I never asked God for anything because I thought I needed to be content with whatever little thing He gave me.  I began to see verse like this and I began to ask God to bless my life, my ministry, and my church.  Since I started this, each of the above has been blessed in beautiful ways.  God has “abundant” supply, our faith reaches out and believes it and walks in it.  He is able, we just need to ask Him and trust Him to take care of us.

Prayer:

Father, bless my life abundantly so I have more than enough to help in every situation.  I am not concerned with having awesome stuff, but I do want enough to live well and to help every time I see a need.  I also want enough to be able to do missions work around the world.  I desire to be blessed, so I can do more for You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment