Saturday, June 19, 2021

Always

 Scripture:

“Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.”  ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭16:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

David was in the process of bringing the ark of God back into Jerusalem when he told the priests and Levites that they should worship in this manner.  He proceeded to sing a beautiful Psalm of the goodness of God.  He sang this song on the way into Jerusalem.  This simple couplet in the Psalm tells us two things we must do.  Number one is to look to the Lord, and then to seek His face always.

Application:

When we do these two simple things, God is honored and continues to work in our lives.  When we look to ourselves, our spouses, our money, our position, or anything else, we are not looking to the Lord.  We must look to God, not just when we need Him desperately, but every day of our lives.  We must seek His face always, and not only when we feel like it.  Seeking God and looking to Him needs to be our lifestyle and not our life raft.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live my life as a God seeker.  I want to always be in pursuit of You.  You are the source of my life and of everything good things in me.  You are my everything.  You are the one who takes great care of me and who deserves my praise.  I will worship You and honor You with my life.  I want to live in such a way that I ALWAYS seek and look to You.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment