Thursday, June 10, 2021

Lay it out Before the Lord

 Scripture:

“Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it out before the Lord.”  ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭19:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Hezekiah received some bad news from his enemies that they were coming to attack and overthrow his kingdom.  Hezekiah knew what to do with news of your enemies, you take it to the Lord and spread it out before Him.  When the enemy threatens God’s people, they must bring it to the Lord instead of trying to retaliate on our own.

Application:

Rather than defend ourselves, fight our own battles, and get beat up by the enemy of our souls, God’s people must learn to lay it out before the Lord and let the Lord deal with it.  Hezekiah could have sent troops or done something else, bringing it to the Lord caused the Lord to slay 185,000 enemy troops in one night, which caused them to retreat.  We don’t have to retaliate or fight for ourselves, God will fight for us, but we must trust Him and take our needs to Him instead of trying to fight on our own.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and I worship You.  Help me to take my problems to You instead of trying to fix them myself.  You are more than able to deliver me from my enemies.  You are more than able to fight my battles.  Help me to rely on You instead of myself in every situation.  Teach me to stand strong in faith, even when it looks like the enemy is coming in.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment