Friday, June 4, 2021

Seek the Counsel of the Lord

 Scripture:

“But Jehoshaphat also said to the king of Israel, “First seek the counsel of the Lord.””  ‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭22:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The King of Israel had asked Jehoshaphat to join him in battle against the Arameans.  Jehoshaphat told him, “first seek the counsel of the Lord.”  They went to a bunch of prophets who told them go for it because God was with them.  Finally, they went to a true prophet who told them not to do it.  Jehoshaphat had the right advice.

Application:

Whatever we do in life, we need to seek the counsel of the Lord first.  Before we make major decisions.  Before we make major changes, we need to seek God’s counsel.  I never want to be out of the will of God for my life.  I don’t ever want to step out of His guidance.  I want to always hear His voice and proceed where He says proceed.  It’s God’s way or no way for me.  I need His counsel daily in my life.

Prayer:

Father, show me the path to take each day.  Let me truly be led by Your Spirit.  Help me to hear Your voice clearly and seek Your counsel on every detail of my life.  I want to do Your will above all else.  Help me to hear it and then to obey it at all times.  

Your Servant,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment