Tuesday, June 29, 2021

To No One’s Regret

 Scripture:

“Jehoram was thirty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem eight years. He passed away, to no one’s regret, and was buried in the City of David, but not in the tombs of the kings.”     ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭21:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

This is one of the saddest epitaphs you will ever read.  When Jehoram died, it says he died, “to not one’s regret.”  Nobody regretted that fact that he had dies.  He was a king, but wasn’t even buried where the kings were buried.  This is such a sad statement, but many people end up there.

Application:

When you live a totally selfish life and don’t honor anyone else but yourself, nobody will miss you when you are gone.  We should live every day with the stark reality that we could die today or tomorrow.  When we die, we don’t want it to be to no one’s regret.  I want to live a life that will make people miss me when I’m gone.  I want to live generous and be a blessing to as many people as possible while I have life on this earth.  I don’t want to live a selfish life where nobody regrets my death.

Prayer:

Father, let my life count for you and your kingdom.  Let me make a difference in other people’s lives.  Help me to lead Your people well and let my life be a blessing.  Enable me to help more people every day. Let my life make a positive impact on everyone who knows me.  I give myself to You once again and ask You to work in my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment