Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Fathering

Scripture:

“All these were descendants of Obed-Edom; they and their sons and their relatives were capable men with the strength to do the work—descendants of Obed-Edom, 62 in all.”  ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭26:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In I Chronicles 13 it tells us that the Ark of God rested in the home of Obed-Edom for three months and that the Lord blessed him and all that he had.  He hosted the presence of God well and he was blessed for it.  Other places the Ark came to rest, there were terrible results.  Obed-Edom must have been a man who walked with God.  The results: his descendants were capable men with strength to do the work.  Strong men raise strong men.  Good men raise good men.  Fathers who host the presence of God will produce descendants who are strong in the Lord.

Application:

I want to host the presence of God well.  I want to be a God-seeker, who values and honors the presence of God.  I also want to raise up spiritual sons and daughters all over the earth.  I want to be strong so they can be strong.  I want to be capable so they can be capable.  I want to lead well so those coming behind me can stand on my shoulders and go farther than I can and do more for God than I can.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lead well and to set an example to others of how a man of God should live his life.  Help me to live so that others can be blessed and do more than I ever could.  Let my life count for Your kingdom.  Enable me to produce spiritual sons and daughters who will change the world.  Let me live in Your presence and value and honor Your presence more than anything.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment