Saturday, June 12, 2021

I Have a Deposit

 Scripture:

“Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”  ‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:21-22‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Corinthians here that it is all about God and what God has done for us.  It is God who makes us stand firm in Christ.  We can’t take any credit for it.  He makes us strong!  It is God who anoints us, sets His seal on us, and puts His Spirit in us as a deposit.  It is He who guarantees what is to come.  All of this is God’s doing, not ours.

Application:

We need to realize that we have a deposit of the Spirit, guaranteeing what is to come.  The fulness of the Spirit we will see when we see Christ face to face.  Until then, we have a deposit.  That deposit is valuable, usable, and works her on this earth now.  When we use the deposit Christ died to give us, the glory is all God’s because He gave it.  All that happens in and through our lives by the Holy Spirit is fro God’s glory and not ours.  He gets the praise and honor, because we can take no credit.  Everything we have been given, was given by Him.  We have nothing to boast of in ourselves.  

Prayer:

Father, I have a deposit of what is to come, but even that deposit, You gave.  You are my life source and strength.  You are my salvation.  You are my shield.  You are my life and light.  You are my everything.  Help me to never take the glory, but to realize that You gave me everything I have.  You are the source of every good thing in my life.  Yours is the glory.  Help me to make You look great!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment