Monday, June 7, 2021

Not A Word

Scripture:

 “Know, then, that not a word the Lord has spoken against the house of Ahab will fail. The Lord has done what he announced through his servant Elijah.””  ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Jehu was taking out all of the family of King Ahab, as the prophet Elijah had spoken previously.  Jehu was a wild man, a zealot, but God used him to bring about the will of the Lord.  Even though his didn’t serve the Lord wholeheartedly, God blessed his generations because he helped the Lord fulfill the words of Elijah.  What God said would happen, took place, even though He had to use a man who wasn’t the greatest to do it.

Application:

Sometimes God uses people we don’t expect to bring about His will in leadership positions.  When God speaks a prophetic word, it will come to pass.  Not a word of what Elijah spoke failed to come to pass.  God used a man who wasn’t even fully committed to God to bring about the words spoken by the prophet.  My application is that God does what He says He will do.  Also, He might use someone we don’t expect in the process.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You and Your word more every day.  I love you and want to serve You well in my generation.  Thank You for blessing my life over and over again.  You are amazing!  Enable me to prophesy accurately the word of the Lord and then see it come to pass.  Help me to allow You to use those who I may not use.  Help me not to judge who You choose to use and who You don’t.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment