Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Trust God Over Self

 Scripture:

“Amaziah asked the man of God, “But what about the hundred talents I paid for these Israelite troops?” The man of God replied, “The Lord can give you much more than that.””  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭25:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Bible records that Amaziah did good, but that he didn’t follow the Lord wholeheartedly.  Later, in this verse, he had paid a hundred talents to each of the Israelite troops to fight.  The man of God told him not to go against them at this time and his reply was that he had already paid the men.  The man of God told him, “The Lord can give you much more than that.”  

Application:

Sometimes we make decisions on what we think and do things in our own flesh instead of relying on God and listening to His voice.  God can do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask, think, or even imagine, but we need to look to Him instead of trying to do everything ourselves.  I need to learn to trust God over trusting myself and doing what I think I can do instead of what God says I can do.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You over myself in every are of life.  You are incredible and it is an honor serving You.  Teach me to trust You more and more.  Help me to live a life of faith that impacts those around me and those around the world.  Show me Your ways and lead me on Your paths.  Let my decisions reflect Your will and Your will alone.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment