Friday, June 25, 2021

Sacrifice

 Scripture:

“and King Solomon and the entire assembly of Israel that had gathered about him were before the ark, sacrificing so many sheep and cattle that they could not be recorded or counted.”  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭5:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon had built the Temple of the Lord and was ready to bring the Ark of God’s presence to it from it’s resting place.  David had moved the ark a couple times and one of those was not successful   The final time David had it moved, he sacrifices a huge number of sacrifices to the Lord before transporting it.  Here it says they sacrificed so many that it could not be recorded or counted.  In the following chapter, at the dedication of the Temple, Solomon sacrificed 22,000 cattle and 20,000 sheep.  If those were counted and recorded, how many did he sacrifice in this instance?

Application:

Solomon understood that sacrifice was important to God.  Today, we don’t sacrifice animals because of the blood of Jesus, but the idea of sacrifice still exists in the New Testament.  Paul said he presented himself as a sacrifice to the Lord.  Rather than bringing goats and bulls, we offer our lives to the Lord.  We must live in such a way that God knows we are serious about Him and His ways.  No cost is too high for God.  Unlimited sacrifice is the life we give to the Lord.

Prayer:

Father God, I offer my life once again on the altar of sacrifice.  Let my dreams, desires and motives, be purified and let my will be sacrificed.  Let Your will be done in my life.  I desire more of You every day.  Help me to live a life of sacrifice.  Help me to live in the area of unlimited sacrifice.  You are worthy of my very best.  I lay my life on the your altar, for Your glory.  Your way forever.

Yours,

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment