Wednesday, June 9, 2021

God is the Deliverer

 Scripture:

“Rather, worship the Lord your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.””     ‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭17:39‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The surrounding nations were creeping in oh God’s people and the people of God were starting to worship their idols.  The enemies were trying to overthrow them and then we are told, “worship the Lord your God; it is He who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.”  God is the deliverer from all the power of the enemy.

Application:

Many times we don’t realize the power of our worship.  In this passage, we see God saying that we Ar to worship Him, because he is the one who will deliver us from our enemies.  Our job is to worship, God’s job is to deliver us.  Our job is to lift Him up, His job is to take care of us.  Rather than looking at our enemies and what they can do to us, we must learn to worship our God who is greater than any enemy.  Worship is powerful, when we are worshiping the right God.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let my life be a life of worship.  Teach me to worship my way out of every circumstance and situation.  Help me to keep my focus on You and not on the enemies around me.  Let my gaze be upon You at all times.  Let my heart be fixed on You and help me to live a life of worship and praise.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment