Friday, June 18, 2021

Training for Battle

Scripture:

“they were armed with bows and were able to shoot arrows or to sling stones right-handed or left-handed; they were relatives of Saul from the tribe of Benjamin):”. ‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

King Saul had just died and David was being raised up to become the next king of Israel.  David’s mighty men and king Saul’s warriors began to come to him to make him king.  Here it talks about some of these warriors.  It says they were able to shoot arrows or to sling stones right-handed or left-handed.  This doesn’t come easily for anyone.  It takes an incredible amount of time and practice to be able to shoot both ways and to throw with both hands.

Application:

When God asks you to do something, you have to work at it with all your might.  We have to train ourselves in godliness and practice hard at what we do.  We have to be like these men who wanted to be able to fight both right-handed and left-handed.  We must work at our skills in whatever God has given us to do until we are masters at doing our job.  We shouldn’t despise training, but get as much training as we can get.

Prayer:

Father, train my hands for battle in your kingdom.  Help me to work hard at the things You have given me to do.  Teach me to be diligent in everything You have laid before me.  Help me to get things done and not make excuses.  Let me accomplish much for Your kingdom in my lifetime.  I am fully Yours and want to serve You well in my generation.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment