Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Pride Is a Destroyer

Scripture:

“But when he was strong his heart was lifted up, to his destruction, for he transgressed against the LORD his God by entering the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.”
‭‭II Chronicles‬ ‭26:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

King Uzziah was a great king and it record that he ruled for 52 years.  He had great success because his heart was faithful to the LORD.  At some point, he felt strong in the LORD and felt it would be okay to burn incense before the LORD in the temple, a job set apart for the priests.  This caused his destruction.  He seemed to be doing something very godly and his heart was right in wanting to sacrifice to the LORD, but he overstepped his boundaries and did the job of a priest.

Application:

We can never allow pride to make us think we can do things that God hasn’t called us to do.  Each person has his or her calling and place in the Kingdom.  God is a God of order and He has set certain things in place.  As long was we walk according to His ways and do things His way, we are going to be blessed.  When we overstep our place and think we are more than we are, we are in dangerous territory.  God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  We are to think humbly of ourselves and always fear the LORD.

Prayer:

Father God, teach me to walk according to Yours ways.  Help me not to think I am higher than I am, but to walk humbly before You all the days of my life.  I want to walk in step with You and to do Your will in the earth in my life.  Help me to live out my days fulfilling Your purposes for my life and not trying to be someone who I am not.  

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment