Friday, July 31, 2020

God Blesses His People

Scripture:

“For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist understood that God blesses the righteous and surrounds them with favor like a shield.  The only conditional thing I see in this verse is that we must be righteous.  Fortunately, The righteousness of Jesus has been imparted into lives and God sees us as completely righteous because of His Son Jesus and not because of our works.

Application:

God does bless His people!  He does surround us with favor like a shield.  This would be the same shield or hedge that surrounded Job.  In order to walk in the promises of God, we must believe the promises of God.  We must believe first that we are righteous by the blood of Christ and not our own righteousness.  Second we must believe that God does bless His children and surround them with favor.  Do I really believe this verse and am I living like someone who is blessed by an all-powerful God or am I settling for a little blessing here and there?

Prayer:

Father, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to pay the price for my righteousness.  Thank You for favoring me and letting Your blessing rest on my life.  I am blessed and highly favored, not because of who I am, but because of Your great love.  Thank You for blessing my life.  Let me believe that You want to bless me and let me walk in your blessing and favor at greater levels.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment