Friday, July 24, 2020

Pass the Test

Scripture:

““Look, I go forward, but He is not there, And backward, but I cannot perceive Him; When He works on the left hand, I cannot behold Him; When He turns to the right hand, I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭23:8-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Job is saying that wherever he goes, he can’t perceive God.  He can’t seem to see God no matter where he looked at the time, but he acknowledged that God knew exactly the way he went and declared that when this test was finished, he would come out as gold.  He understand that even when he couldn’t see God working, he knew God was working and that this was only a test which he was determined to pass.

Application:

Sometimes God does test his people.  Sometimes we go through times when we can’t see what He is is doing or discern where He is moving.  He could be working, but we can’t perceive it.  In times like these, we must realize this is not God’s judgment, but God’s testing pattern.  Sometimes He withdraws to see if we will seek Him.  Sometimes He withdraws to see if we will remain faithful.  We must be like Job and determine that when this test is over, we will be pure gold.

Prayer:

Father, help me pass every test and be more refined from the process.  Teach me to be able to discern what are tests, trials, and when I need to seek Your face more.  I want to pass the tests and come forth as gold in Your kingdom.  Increase my faith and my trust that, even when I can’t see it, You’re working.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment