Thursday, July 9, 2020

Work and Pray

Scripture:

“So we labored in the work, and half of the men held the spears from daybreak until the stars appeared. At the same time I also said to the people, “Let each man and his servant stay at night in Jerusalem, that they may be our guard by night and a working party by day.””
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭4:21-22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When Nehemiah was rebuilding the wall, the people were tired, weary and had their enemies fighting against them at the same time.  Nehemiah had them work on the wall with all their heart, but they had to stay watch and guard the city by night.  They were working and the were praying during the rebuild time.  When we are doing God’s work, we must find the balance of work and prayer.  

Application:

It is easy to fall into being a hard worker for me.  I can get up and go to the office and execute a plan, but there are times when we need to be praying as much as we are working.  The early Apostles gave themselves to the word and prayer and delegated everything else.  I need to delegate more and spend more time in prayer and the word.  

Prayer:

Father, help me to find the balance of work and prayer in my life.  Teach me to take do both well.  Help me to pray until I have a plan to work and then work until the plan happens, while praying against any adversary while working on the plan.  Show me how to lead well and to hear from You daily.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment