Thursday, July 23, 2020

I Will See God

Scripture:

“And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God,”
‭‭Job‬ ‭19:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

At this point in the story of Job, everything he owned and all his family was taken from him.  He had been plagued with terrible sores and was stripped of every good thing he had ever possessed.  Even in this condition, he had confidence that when his skin was finally destroyed, he would see God.  He never questioned whether he was right with God and that he would see God.  He was willing to take both the good and the bad from God, but he knew in the end he would see God.

Application:

Sometimes in life when things are going really bad, we begin to question our relationship with God and if He really cares anymore.  We must learn to trust God in the good times and to trust Him in the bad times.  We cannot question our future with Him.  We are confident that we will see Him at the end of this life and nothing can take us out of His hand.  We can rest assured of our eternal hope because of Jesus Christ.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to die in our place.  Thank You for giving us Your word and showing us how to live.  You are amazing!  Thank You that You never leave us and never forsake us.  Thank You for giving us hope, even in bad and difficult times.  You are my strength, my source, and my salvation.  You are all I need.  

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment