Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Connection Between Prosperity and Seeking God

Scripture:

“And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, in the law and in the commandment, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart. So he prospered.”
‭‭II Chronicles‬ ‭31:21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

This passage is about King Hezekiah.  It says that in every work of the house of the LORD, His laws and His commands, Hezekiah sought the LORD and did it with all his heart.  After that, there is a simple statement, “so he prospered.”  God prospered Hezekiah in a big way because of his obedience to the LORD and his wholehearted service.

Application:

When I make my life about serving God wholeheartedly, God will prosper my life.  My job is to build God’s kingdom with all my heart and to serve Him well all the days of my life.  His place is to bless my life.  God is a covenant keeping God.  When I pursuit Him wholeheartedly, He blesses my life.  I desire to be fully obedient to the LORD in all that I do.  I want to live a prosperous life.

Prayer:

Father, I trust You.  You are faithful and You do what You say You are going to do.  Empower me to live above reproach and help me to seek You first all the days of my life.  Teach me to walk humbly before You.  I ask You to bless my life, my family, and the church I lead.  Let Your blessings be evident in everything I touch.  I want to do well what I do for You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment