Sunday, July 12, 2020

A Time to Rejoice

Scripture:

“Also that day they offered great sacrifices, and rejoiced, for God had made them rejoice with great joy; the women and the children also rejoiced, so that the joy of Jerusalem was heard afar off.”
‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭12:43‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

When Nehemiah finished the task of building the wall and restoring Jerusalem, he held a celebration service in honor of the LORD and all He had done.  He assembled the priests and Levites to do their duties and offered sacrifices all day long.  God made the people rejoice with great joy!  Their joy was heard afar off from Jerusalem.

Application:

There is a time to rejoice in the LORD.  Paul said we should rejoice in the LORD always.  No matter what we are going through, we are to rejoice in what the LORD has already done for us.  We always have something to rejoice about because Christ has erased our sins.  I believe we should learn to celebrate what the LORD does more and more.  I want to build a culture of celebration in my home, my church and everywhere I go.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see what You are doing and celebrate it well.  I pray for the day when our celebration is so loud and strong that it is heard afar off like it was in Jerusalem.  Help me to celebrate when things are good and celebrate when things are bad.  Teach me to walk in faith and help me to celebrate the wins in life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment