Wednesday, July 22, 2020

I Will Trust Him

Scripture:

“Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭13:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Job had seen everything he loved taken away from him and he was covered with boils from head to foot.  He had every right, in my eyes, to walk away from God and give up on Him.  Job didn’t do that.  He said, “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.”  His determination was to serve God when things were good and when things were bad.  He wanted to do the right thing, even when he didn’t see God’s Hand of favor.

Application:

It is easy to get mad at God when things are not going our way.  It is easy to serve God when everything is going great and you have all the blessings He bestows, but when things start going really bad, will my commitment level remain the same?  I must learn to trust God in the good time and in the bad times.  I must trust that God knows best at all times and that I can trust Him completely.  He knows what I can handle and what I can’t.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You when I don’t see You working in my life.  Help me to walk in faith when things are not going the way I wanted them to go.  Teach me to trust You more fully each day.  I want to follow You in the good times and in the bad times.  Help me to live a balanced life that can bless You when things are good and bless You when things are not so good.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment