Monday, July 20, 2020

God’s Correction

Scripture:

““Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects; Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty. For He bruises, but He binds up; He wounds, but His hands make whole.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭5:17-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Job’s friend Eliphaz is speaking in this verse to Job and tells him that the person God corrects should be happy and not despise the chastening.  He tells him that the Lord bruises, but binds up.  He wounds and makes whole.  In Hebrews we are reminded not to despise the chastening of the Lord because it proves God loves us like a son.  

Application:

When we are reprimanded by the LORD, we should be happy because it means He loves us.  When we start getting off the right path and He punishes us, we should be pleased.  As a father disciplines the son he loves, so the LORD disciplines us when we start messing up.  Rather than run from the LORD during times like this, we must run to him and appreciate the fact that He loves us enough to keep us in line.

Prayer:

Father, when I need disciplined, correct me.  When I need to change, show me.  I open myself to Your correction, instruction and discipline.  I am your son and I want to represent You well in my generation.  help me to respond appropriately when things don’t go the way I want them to.  Teach me to walk this walk better each day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment