Thursday, July 30, 2020

Humility and Forgiveness

Scripture:

“Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:12-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Colossians here that we should be merciful, walk in kindness, humility , meekness, long suffering, bearing with and forgiving each other.  He gave a double reference to forgiving and added, “as Christ forgave you”.  As God’s people, we are to walk in humility and be easy to get along with.  We should be quick to forgive and never see ourselves higher than others.  Humility and forgiveness are huge for us to work on.

Application:

I need to daily walk as Christ walked, in humility, forgiveness and kindness.  I want to take off the things of the world and put on Christ.  I want to live as He would live in 2020 as an example.  When people complain, we are to forgive them, not argue with them.  We are to bear with people instead of wanting to get rid of them.  Sometimes the hard way is the right way and the way Christ would want us to walk.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk out this life with gentleness, humility, forgiveness, long suffering, etc.  Teach me to live like Christ and to put on His life instead of simply living out of my flesh.  Help me to represent You well in my generation.  Let me have the right heart in serving You.

Your Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment