Friday, July 3, 2020

A Tender and Humble Heart

Scripture:

“because your heart was tender, and you humbled yourself before God when you heard His words against this place and against its inhabitants, and you humbled yourself before Me, and you tore your clothes and wept before Me, I also have heard you, ” says the LORD.”
‭‭II Chronicles‬ ‭34:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

King Josiah found the book of the Law in the Temple and wept for the sins of his people and how they turned from their covenant with God.  When he read the prophets, he tore his clothes and wept in humility and brokenness.  The above verse says that because his heart was tender and he humbled himself before God, that God heard him.  God listens to those who humble themselves and repent of unrighteousness.

Application:

I want to have a tender and humble heart before the LORD my God.  Sometimes, when we cry out to God and He doesn’t do what we want Him to, we can slow our hearts to become hardened.  We can take pride in ourselves and feel we don’t need God any more.  I am always reminded that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  We have been asking God to speak.  When He speaks, we must humble ourselves and do what He says.

Prayer:

Father, give me a pure heart and a humble heart.  When You speak about things in my life that need to change, help me to obey from a pure heart.  When You show me things, let my heart be soft and open to change.  Help me to live a life of simple obedience and humility before You and trust that You will take care of the details of my life. I am Yours.  Have Your way in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment