Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Waiting

Scripture:

“I waited and waited and waited some more, patiently, knowing God would come through for me. Then, at last, he bent down and listened to my cry.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭40:1‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist said that he waited and waited and waited some more, patiently.  He knew God would come through for him, but the wait apparently was pretty long and his patience was strongly required.  The New Testament says that with faith and patience we inherit the promises.

Application:

We don’t like to wait for anything in today’s society.  We act like God needs to answer our prayer immediately or He doesn’t love us.  I need to learn to walk in faith and patience.  Sometimes the answer won’t come in our time, but in God’s time, which is better anyway.  I need to learn to trust Him more, knowing and being confident that He will do all He has said He will do.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in faith at all times, but in patience as well.  I know You have amazing plans for my life and I have been in a rush to see them all happen.  Help me to trust You more and lean not on my own understanding.  Help me to work hard, but to learn that the wait is okay.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment