Friday, August 24, 2018

Life in the Word

Scripture:

“I will never forget Your precepts, For by them You have given me life.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:93‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here says that he will never forget God’s precepts of Laws.  He says that by them God has given him life.  It is by the word of God that we receive life, therefore we cannot take God’s word fro granted.  We must take it to heart and never forget it.

Application:

I need to memorize Scripture more.  After years of ministry and serving Christ, there is a lot of biblical knowledge, but I know I struggle with knowing chapter and verse for things.  I need to memorize the word as part of my life so I never forget and receive the life that comes via the Word.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to memorize Your word.  Let my mind grab hold and remember the passages of Scripture.  Let it bring life to me in every way.  Teach me to value Your word enough to memorize it.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment