Tuesday, August 14, 2018

David: Shepherd King

Scripture:

“God prepared David and took this gentle shepherd-king and presented him before the people as the one who would love and care for them with integrity, a pure heart, and the anointing to lead Israel, his holy inheritance.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭78:71-72‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Here we seee David described beautifully.  He is called here a shepherd-king an dis described as one who would love and care for them with integrity, a pure heart, and the anointing to lead.  I see here that David’s success was based upon being gentle, shepherd-like, love, care, integrity, a pure heart and then God put His anointing on him that made everything else happen.  David did his part by giving God something of character to work with and God did His part by anointing him for service.

Application:

I need to give God something to work with.  I need to offer Him my absolute best.  My job is to walk in gentleness and shepherd God’s people well.  I need to walk in God’s love for His people and care for them with integrity, a pure heart and then His anointing will come on my life to do what He wants done.  I need to do my part while I trust God to do His part.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to follow You completely and to serve You with integrity of heart and character.  Teach me to love people like You do.  Enable me to lead Your people well.  Let my heart be pure and undivided.  I want to work with You to build Your kingdom.  Let my heart break with what breaks Your heart.  Let my heart rejoice in what makes You rejoice.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment