Saturday, August 4, 2018

How Can I Keep Silent?

Scripture:

“How could I be silent when it’s time to praise you? Now my heart sings out loud, bursting with joy— a bliss inside that keeps me singing, “I can never thank you enough!””
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭30:12‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here asks the question, “How can I be silent when it’s time to praise you?”  He feels incredible joy and wants to express is desperately.  What is the song bursting forth? “I can never thank you enough!”  He understood that praise and thanksgiving are the proper response to God’s goodness and he did not feel he should hold that back.

Application:

I have always been a worshipper, but this Psalm makes me want to give God some praise and thanksgiving.  He has been incredibly good and faithful to me.  He always comes through.  I don’t want to keep silent, but to let God heat my praise and gratefulness for all He has done in my life.  He has been amazing to me all the days of my life.

Prayer:

Father, You are incredible and I love you with all my heart.  Let me never hold back my praise because I’m afraid of what people think.  Help me to praise You like David, with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.  I want to honor You in my worship.  My heart, like the Psalmist, breaks forth in praise and thanksgiving today.  You’re the best!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment