Friday, August 3, 2018

My Boast

Scripture:

“Some find their strength in their weapons and wisdom, but my miracle deliverance can never be won by men. Our boast is in the Lord our God, who makes us strong and gives us victory!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭20:7‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist declares that some may find their strength in weapons and their own intellect, but he says that his miracle deliverance was never won by any man.  It was God who delivered David and he knew it.  His boast was in the Lord, who gets all the credit for great things done.

Application:

When good things happen in our lives, our boast cannot be in our wisdom, intellect, or strength, but in the Lord who gave us these things.  He wants a people who will give Him praise for His work in their lives.  We have nothing without Him, therefore He is to be praised for every good thing that occurs in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to always lift up Your name and give You praise for the great things Your do in my life.  You have blessed me over and over again.  You have been faithful to me all the days of my life.  Thank You for taking care of me, my family, your church and my city.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment