Thursday, August 9, 2018

Confident in God’s Love

Scripture:

“But I am like a flourishing olive tree, anointed in the house of God. I trust in the unending love of God; his passion toward me is forever and ever.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭52:8‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here speaks of himself as God sees him instead of how he feels.  He declares himself to be a flourishing olive tree, anointed in the house of God.  He knew he was anointed.  He trusted in the unending love of God.  He goes on to say that God’s passion for him is forever and ever.  He knew and was confident in God’s love for him.

Application:

I want to walk in this level of confidence in the love of God.  I want to know who I am in Christ and understand completely just how much God loves me.  I want to be able to confidently declare how much God loves me.  I want all insecurity gone from my relationship to God.  I want to declare that I wam a flourishing olive tree anointed in the house of God.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in confidence in my relationship with You.  Teach me to know just how You feel about me and to never question Your love for me.  Help me to walk in the understanding of Your incredible love for me.  Help me not to compare myself with others and to think You love them more than me.  I am yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment