Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Hunger and Thirst

Scripture:

“For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭107:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

Here the Psalmist tells us that the longing should gets satisfied and the hungry get filled.  In other words, he tells us that we are going to get from God what we long for and thirst for.  When we hunger and thirst after righteousness, we will be filled.

Application:

Throughout the years I have noticed in serving God that He comes in direct proportion to the hunger and thirst of the people.  When God’s people are hungering and passionately pursuing Him, He comes and fills us.  He is drawn to those who are hungry for Him.  I know in my life there are times when I am more hungry than other times for God and the things of God.  If I stay hungry, He will come more and more.

Prayer:

Lord, I am hungry for You, but not at the level that causes You to come down and fill me.  Forgive my halfheartedness and help me to stay hungry and thirsty for You and Your presence.  There are so many things that pull me away and occupy my time, Help me to say no to more so I can say yes to You and Your presence.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment