Friday, August 10, 2018

Dealing With Betrayal

Scripture:

“I was betrayed by my friend, though I lived in peace with him. While he was stretching out his hand of friendship, he was secretly breaking every promise he had ever made to me!  So here’s what I’ve learned through it all: Leave all your cares and anxieties at the feet of the Lord, and measureless grace will strengthen you.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭55:20, 22‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist speaks here about a friend who worshiped with him in God’s house who betrayed him.  He was secretly breaking promises that hurt their friendship.  The Psalmist saw the situation and decided to leave his cares and anxieties at the feet of the Lord and His grace strengthens you.

Application:

People will betray you.  People will use you for what they need from you and will hurt your feelings. When they do, our best defense is running to God and leaving our cares and worries at His feet, then His grace gives us strength.  When we bring our problems to the Lord, He does enable us to deal with them.  He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother and we can trust Him.  He will never betray us!

Prayer:

Lord, help me to bring my cares and anxieties to You.  Help me not to worry so much what other people think about me.  Help me to do Your will, and not worry so much about what people think about me.  I am Yours and I want to serve You well.  When I am betrayed, teach me to bring my cares to You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment