Thursday, August 30, 2018

Don’t Restrain the Fire

Scripture:

“Never restrain or put out the fire of the Holy Spirit.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:19‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Thessalonians to never restrain or put out the fire of the Holy Spirit.  Apparently it is possible to restrain Him and put out His fire.  We can grieve Him by not doing what He says or by being embarrassed by Him.

Application:

I don’t want my life to restrain the Holy Spirit in any way.  I want the fire to fall on my life and everywhere I serve the Lord.  I want the Holy Spirit to flow in and through my life.  Therefore, anything in me that restrains or puts out Holy Spirit’s fire must go from my life.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never quench, restrain or put out the fire of Your Spirit.  Teach me to work with You Holy Spirit and never to restrain you.  I don’t want to walk in excesses, but I do want the fire of Your Spirit to move and work in my life without restraint.  Remove and hesitancy in my life that would hinder You from moving through me.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment