Thursday, August 23, 2018

Precious

Scripture:

“Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭116:15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

The Lord says in this Psalm that the death of God’s saints is a precious occurrence.  This doesn’t sound like something to be feared, dreaded or that we should fight at all costs.  Something precious is something valuable.  It is something that is dearly loved.  In God’s sight, going home to be with Him is precious.

Application:

As believers, death shouldn’t be something we fear, but something we should see as precious.  It is something we should see as a wonderful culmination of a live well-lived.  We are called on to live good lives while on this earth.  If we do, it is precious in God’s sight when we get called home.  I want to live out my daysm finish my race and then have a precious home going.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see death how You do.  Help me not to fear it, but to understand how You view it.  Teach me to live every day fully and completely and to make the most of each day given to me.  Help me to live life well, then go to be with You for eternity.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment