Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Astonishing

Scripture:

“The Lord God Most High is astonishing, awesome beyond words! He’s the formidable and powerful King over all the earth.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭47:2‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage the Psalmist describes the Lord as “astonishing” and “awesome beyond words”.  These are excellent words to describe the Lord.  He is truly incredible.  His worthiness is beyond the realm of our human vocabulary.  We don’t have strong enough words to describe the awesomeness of God.

Application:

If God is awesome beyond words, why don’t I tell more people about Him.  He has blessed my life over and over again.  He has done amazing things for me, why do I start silent most of the time?  I need to tell of God’s goodness.  I need to let the world know how astonishing He really is.  May my life always be a life of praise.  May my praise be unconditional because He is awesome beyond words.  May my lips praise him with the Spirit and with understanding.

Prayer:

Lord, let my life tell of your incredible faithfulness.  Help me to love you more each day.  You are astonishing and awesome beyond words.  Help me to worship and praise You in ways that bring You the absolute most glory.  I want to serve You well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment