Sunday, August 26, 2018

Shout for Joy

Scripture:

“Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, And let Your saints shout for joy.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭132:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

This Psalm tells us that God wants his priests, those who have been set apart for his service, to be clothed with righteousness.  He wants his saints, everyone else in the Kingdom, to shout for joy.  When these two things happen, God is exalted.

Application:

I want to live a life of righteousness.  I want my life to be set apart for the Lord and His purposes us in the earth.  I also want those I lead to shout for joy as saints.  I want to see God’s people so enamored by Him that they can’t help but shout out a joyous shout.  I want joy to be evident in my life as well.

Prayer:

Lord, I want my joy and my shout back.  Help me not to get weighed down with the cares of this life, but to lean into You more and more.  Fill my life with more of You and Your presence.  Let me live in your presence at a greater level.  Cloth me in righteousness and let me always have a shout of joy in my heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment