Saturday, August 18, 2018

Gladness

Scripture:

“Light is sown for the righteous, And gladness for the upright in heart.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭97:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Observation:

This simple verse is beautiful.  It says that light is sown for the righteous.  In other words, the righteous will produce light, it has been planted in them.  It says that gladness is sown into the upright.  When we walk right with God, gladness will fill our lives.  It is a byproduct of walking with the Lord.

Application:

If we are lacking in light, we need to check our level of righteousness.  If we are not walking in gladness, we need to check our level of uprightness.  When we walk with the Lord and in His ways, light and gladness will be the result.  If they are lacking, we need to check our status with the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord, fill my life with light and gladness.  I want to reflect You well in the earth.  Help me to walk in Your ways and not my own.  Teach me to follow Your ways in all I do.  I want to serve You well all the days of my life.  You are awesome!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment