Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Terror of God

Scripture:

Genesis 35:5  "Then they set out, and the terror of God fell on the towns all around so that no one pursued them."

Observation:

Just before the opening, "then" of this scripture you can see that everyone gave Jacob their foreign gods and he buried them.  After he did that step of eliminating the foreign gods from among them, God came and brought fear and terror on the people around them so that no one would pursue them.

Application:

When we are fully submitted to God and doing what He wants us to do, we can also expect God to make our enemies recognize His power.  One day the whole world will see the power of our God.  He will reign and rule with a rod of iron.  The world needs to see how awesome God is.  They need to see the terror of the Lord and what He is capable of.

Prayer:

Father God, walk with me closely.  Let those around me see You hand upon my life.  Let even Your enemies see your power in my life.  Replace any idols in my life with more love for You and obedience to you.  Demonstrate Your power in my generation so that nobody can deny who You are.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment