Monday, January 11, 2016

But You Said

Scripture:

Genesis 32:12  "But you have said, 'I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted'".

Observation:

Jacob was trying to follow the word of the Lord to go back from Laban's house to his father's house.  the problem was, he had tricked his brother out of his blessing and his birthright.  He thought his brother was going to kill him.  In his fear, he reminded the Lord, "You have said..."

Application;

When we go through things in life that are scary and difficult, we can say, 'but you said" to the Lord.  We can remind god of what He has promised us.  If we have heard the voice of the Lord clearly, or have promises in the Word of God, we can stand on them and remind God of His promises.  I need to remind the Lord more instead of worrying about things.

Prayer:

Father, You are good and Your mercy endures forever.  I remind You this morning of ever blessing You have promised me and my family.  You have things to me about my family and I believe they will come to pass.  Let my family fulfill Your will in the earth and let nothing stop it.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment