Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Saying Yes When Yes is Hard

Scripture:

Matthew 26:42  "He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done".

Observation:

Jesus said yes to His Father, when yes meant torture and the most torturous death possible.  He was fully submitted to the Father in all ways.  He wanted to say no, but was willing to do whatever the Father wanted, even to the point of torture and death.

Application:

We need to be able to be counted on when God asks us to do hard things.  We must be people who are able to say, "take this from me, but nevertheless, not my will but yours be done".  We aren't generally asked to give our lives for our Father's cause, but if He asks, are we willing to say yes?  Extreme obedience causes God to know He can trust us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to always say yes to You.  I love you and trust You, but sometimes I evaluate things and feel like I may hold back on saying yes sometimes because I deem it hard.  Enable me to always say yes to Your will.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment