Friday, January 8, 2016

Difficult Obedience Brings Great Blessing

Scripture:

Genesis 22:18  "and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me".

Observation:

God had just asked Abraham to make the greatest sacrifice possible.  He didn't ask for Abraham to sacrifice 1000 sheep or 500 oxen.  He asked Abraham to sacrifice his son, the son of his old age, the son that was promised by the Lord.  When Abraham was obedient to the most difficult command, God stopped him from killing his own son and told him, "through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me".

Application:

There are times when God will test us to see what we are willing to sacrifice for Him.  There are times when He wants to know just how obedient we will be when He tells us to do something difficult.  Our obedience to the hard word of God brings about great blessing.  When we obey in the easy things and it costs us nothing, there are rewards, but when we obey in seriously difficult times, extreme blessing will follow.

Prayer:

Father God, help me to say yes to "everything" you ask me to do.  Give me the courage and strength to do the things that You put in my heart.  Teach me to walk closer with you.  I am willing to sacrifice for You, but I want to hear Your voice more clearly, like Abraham did.  Speak to me Lord and I will obey.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment