Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Face to Face With God

Scripture:

Genesis 18:33  "When the Lord had finished speaking with Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home."

Observation:

In this passage of Scripture, I see something I have not seen before.  I see that God would come down and speak with Abraham and have conversations with him.  In the chapters ahead of this there are a couple references to God coming and speaking with Abraham and then going back away.  It seems from this portion of scripture that God would come down and have conversations with Abraham.

Application:

Abraham is called the father of faith because he believed God.  I personally want to meet with God like Abraham did.  I want to converse with Him as friend with friend.  I want the personal walk with God that Abraham had where God came down and spoke with him in what appears to be a very personal way.  Abraham didn't question whether it was God or himself speaking.  He had conversations with the Father.  I want to have some conversations with the Lord.

Prayer:

Father God, I want to know You more and more in my life.  I want a real relationship with You where we speak as friend with friend.  I want more times where You come down and meet with me like You did with Abraham.  I give myself to You.  Come and meet with me.  Show me things.  Teach me things.  Help me to walk more and more in line with You and Your will for my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment