Sunday, January 24, 2016

Our Task: Produce Kingdom Fruit

Scripture:

Matthew 21:43  "Therefore I tell you that the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit".

Observation:

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees and teachers of the Law.  He was telling them that they couldn't see truth of who He was.  He demonstrated through miracles, teaching, preaching and lots of OT prophecies, but they still didn't see it.  Finally He tells them that He was going to take the Kingdom away from them and give it to a people who would produce it's fruit.

Application;

The Pharisees were always pointing out why Jesus was not the Messiah, while tax collectors and prostitutes knew exactly who He was and honored Him for it.  The last statement really gets me, "given to a people who will produce its fruit".  We must be a people who produce fruit, not just teach and preach good messages.  We have been given a task... produce fruit for the kingdom.

Prayer:

Father, let me be a fruit producer for Your Kingdom.  Let my life produce fruit!  Let me win souls and make disciples.  Let my heart break with what breaks Your heart.  Help me to be productive in Your Kingdom.  Show me the way to production and I will follow.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment