Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Sick Need a Doctor

Scripture:

Matthew 9:12  "On hearing this, Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick'".

Observation:

The Pharisees just came to Jesus' disciples and asked them why He was eating with tax collectors and sinners.  How could a man, supposedly from God, hang out with ungodly people?  Jesus overheard the conversation and replied, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick".  Jesus went to those who needed Him, not just those who expected Him.

Application:

Sometimes in ministry it is easy to get so involved in the lives of believers that we lose sight of those who are not yet believers.  Jesus knew His mission was to seek and save the lost.  He didn't waiver from that, even when everyone expected different from Him.  He didn't fit into the people's expectations of Him.  He didn't mind offending the righteous in order to reach the broken.

Prayer:

Lord, let me be more like Jesus.  Help me to tune in to my mission and go after it, not worrying about what others think I should be doing.  Help me to fulfill everything You have for me to do and not just do what is expected of me by others.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment