Thursday, January 14, 2016

Fruitful in Suffering

Scripture:

Genesis 41:52  "The second son he named Ephraim and said, 'It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering'".

Observation:

Joseph had been through many years of difficulty starting out with his brothers selling him as a slave and ending up with him in prison after being falsely accused.  God brought him out and made him second in charge over all of Egypt.  He named his second son Ephraim because God had made him fruitful in the land of his suffering.

Application:

God has a beautiful way of causing his people to prosper in bad situations.  God is able to take the thing in my life that causes me the most suffering and turn it into something fruitful.  He is an expert at it.  He had been doing it for thousands of years.  We must trust God's ability to turn what looks like nothing but frustration into a place of great blessing.  He is able!

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith.  Thank you for sharing this with me today.  Sometimes I feel like Virginia has been a place of suffering for me and my family, but today you let me see that You are going to turn it around and make it the place of great blessing and fruitfulness.  Help me to remain faithful to the call until the blessing comes.  I know it is coming.  I know You sent me here and that You are going to use me here and bring about great fruitfulness.  I love You Lord.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment