Friday, January 29, 2016

God's Covenant Stands

Scripture:

Exodus 6:5  "Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the Israelites, whom the Egyptians are enslaving, and I have remembered my covenant".

Observation:

God had told Joseph that one day He would bring the children of Israel back out of Egypt.  He promised him that He would establish them in the land of His fathers.  The land given to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  When the children of Israel cried out to the Lord because of their slavery, God remembered His covenant and His word to them many, many years before.  God remembers His promises and always makes good on them.

Application:

Sometimes we feel like the promises of God in our lives have been abandoned and nothing is going right.  Sometimes it feels like we are not going forward, but backward in our relationship with God, but we can rest assured that God does not abandon His promises.  He is faithful and remembers His covenant.  Our job is simply to remain faithful, then He will do His part.

Prayer:

Father, help me remain faithful to the call even when it doesn't seem like there is much fruit on the vine. Help me remain faithful to Your will in my life and to have complete confidence that, even though it may not seem like it now, You are working and will come through and do the things I've been waiting on.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment